All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and pace suitable for their ability. Our SEND philosophy places SEND children at the heart of personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupil needs.
At times adaptations to the curriculum may be implemented to ensure each child follows a personalised learning plan in order to achieve their potential. To successfully match pupil ability to the Curriculum, Kingsley Primary School continues to be committed to providing:
· A range of teaching and learning styles.
· Differentiated resources.
· Access to ICT (Ipads, laptops, Ipods, a computer suite and kindles)
· Additional in class support.
· Additional out of class support.
· Flexible groupings (including small group work).
· A personalised curriculum which reflects individual targets and meets individual needs.
· The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions.
· Mentoring and counselling
· A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including baking, monkey group, social skills group, hydrotherapy, rebound therapy
· Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements.